48,50 € tax incl.
Warning: Last items in stock!
WHAT HAS THE PORRÓN MOLÓN?
Porrón Molón is a revamping of the traditional porrón. The incorporation of various materials in the new model give the new design a unique contemporary feel. What’s more, the improvements which have been included in the new design also make the porrón much more versatile, and make drinking from the porrón a much easier—and cleaner—experience.
It is an ingenious blending of the horn, which is used to drink in a continuous stream, and the bottle, which gives us the porrón. This occurred somewhere between the end of the 14th and beginning of the 15th centuries.
And although its origins are in the regions of Aragon, Catalonia, and the north of Levante, it is Poblet, in the province of Tarragona, which is considered to be home to the oldest surviving porrón.
The most popular use for this curious implement was as a hygienic way to serve wine to many different diners, without the container coming in direct contact with the mouth.
It’s always been considered the best way to share a beverage within a group. Nowadays, its use is not restricted to wine, and it’s not unusual to see porróns filled with beer, cava, or other cold beverages.
1. Pour the wine into the opening at the top. Don’t reseal the opening.
2. Bring the tip of the porrón close to your mouth. Tip it, gradually, until the stream flows into your mouth.
3. Raise your elbow, and the porrón, little by little, as high as you dare!
4. For experts only: Extend your arm completely to achieve a spectacularly thin, amazingly high stream
5. And with a quick, clean movement of the wrist, cut the stream, and pass the porrón!